Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Clown car!

Q: How many elephants can you fit into a Volkswagen Bug?
A: Four: two in the front, two in the back.

Q: How do you know if there's an elephant visiting your house?
A: There's a Volkswagen Bug parked out front with three elephants in it.

Fitting nine people into our one-bedroom for four nights was a challenge of nearly mathematic proportions, but we persevered, overcame, and had a fantastic time seeing New York City. Kathy, Erin, Traci, Alison, and their husbands/boyfriends (except for Kathy's) piled in for a fabulous fun-filled birthday weekend. We saw the Statue of Liberty, the Met, Central Park, a thunderstorm in Central Park (I would say this was "experienced" rather than "saw"), shopping in SoHo, what else?? I feel totally refreshed and invigorated from all the good girl-time.

And tonight I leave for eleven days in Maine, where I will have no Internet and not much cell reception. This delights me, as the deadlines at work have neared BIBLICAL proportions these past two weeks.

Clearly, I'm rocking the "proportions" references in this post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

NY is exhausting! I slept all day yesterday and contemplated calling in sick today to continue the catch up. But I'm at work, though not exactly working yet. Andrew and I had a great time and can't thank you enough for your enduring hospitality. I hope you and Chris have an amazing vacation!

Kathy said...

Ditto! Except the sleeping part, still working on that. thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

liz said...

We missed you on your birthday and wish we were up in Maine with you guys now. I can't wait to get up there, but wish we could share at least part of our trips up there. xox