Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I can see how my intentions could be misconstrued...

It's cold out, very cold, so today I dressed for warmth: my sole pair of wool knee socks, black pants, tan Mary Jane heels, and my comfiest, warmest-sweater-that-doesn't-scratch. The sweater and socks just happen to be ... scarlet.

I've gotten a lot of comments today about looking "festive."

"Wearing red at this time of year," one coworker told me, serene in her own black and cobalt, "people are going to assume you did it on purpose."

Oh, well, whatever. What's wrong with looking festive? I FEEL festive! My social engagements are concluded; I only have two presents left to buy; I get to work at home tomorrow and once and for all tackle the big job task that's been hanging over my head (work at home! that's practically like getting a corner office.); there are movies to see, books to read, and French Vogues to peruse once the clock strikes five on Friday.

Happy holidays! Just in case all the free time goes to my head and I don't blog before the New Year ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you!
I wore candy apple red shoes yesterday and was really wishing I had a scarf to match.

liz said...

I'm all for festive. Right now I'm wearing snowman and snowflake green socks mom gave me :o) (I'm betting you'll get a cozy pair of these bad boys too) She asked is I wanted the sweatshirt to match, I respectfully declined.

sarah said...

: D

Eli said...

I wore a green shirt and red sweater for my office's holiday party. My festive attire was appreciated at the office, but I am certain the people that I encountered on my errands thought I was a tool.

Happy Holidays love! Enjoy your time off.