Thursday, September 4, 2008

A down coat was already on my shopping list...

You know, all those times in 2000 and 2004 when people would say, "I'm moving to Canada!" I'd think to myself, But I don't really like Canada. But then this morning I remembered that MONTREAL is in Canada, and I LOVE Montreal.

Hmmm.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the speech last night, but Chris gave me a full report:

"It was frightening. Because you can totally see how a large swath of this country sees her as another "maverick" and some women see her as the embodiment of female empowerment, both of which blow my mind. She really went on the attack. To me she sounded canned and defensive-angry. But a lot of reporters are saying that she was strong. I don't think she'll hold up as well in interviews and debates but she is positioning herself as criticism-proof, laying the case that she's a simple woman with big ideas that's going to get after the DC elite. And shame on anyone for saying something bad about such a nice gun-toting hockey mom. The more Obama and Biden attack her, the more they'll get portrayed as bullies and cosmopolitans. The best thing for them to do is ignore her. Totally ignore her. Because her bite is very limited on her own. You missed the pitbull quote and it sort of sums up everything...At the beginning of her speech she said "You know the difference between a pitbull and a hockey mom? Lipstick." And the crowd erupted into cheers...We are doomed if this happens."

No comments: