Friday, October 29, 2010

October lullaby

Our apartment lease expired the end of the summer and simultaneously one of my friends sent a mass email saying that her mom needed a housesitter for two months, upon which Chris and I looked at each other and said, "Hmmm." So since September we've been staying in a beautiful three story brownstone in Park Slope, complete with a deck, back yard, laundry room, and dishwasher. It's been simply heavenly to take lots of baths and lounge on the velvet couches in the evenings, but, alas, all good things must come to an end. This weekend we are moving out and into a sublet while we look for our next spot.

To make the transition more painless, we're taking some time to ourselves and spending the weekend in upstate New York. We found a great deal on Priceline (I'm a big fan of Name Your Own Price), and I'm looking forward to watching the second episode of Sherlock in a comfy king-sized bed and brunch at Oriole 9 in Woodstock on Monday.

That means that today is basically my Halloween (my assistant at work twisted my arm into dressing up. She's Hermione and I'm a ballerina. And I need to visit the marketing department because we sure are the only two in Editorial that I've seen in a costume). I'm loving the fall temps, the orange trees I saw from the train this morning, and the anticipation of a three day weekend with my sweetie.

Happy autumn!

No comments: