Thursday, May 28, 2009

Past couple weeks:

This morning I was in my office talking to two coworkers about a last-minute issue that really needs to be resolved, while another colleague sat patiently by in the chair across from me, awaiting my attention and occasionally interjecting. I finally got so overwhelmed that I put my head down on my desk, cheek to wood, staring miserably at another pile of paper, the one that wakes me up at night, worrying. Then my alarm went off

and after a moment of puzzledness ("Why is music playing in my office?") I realized my cheek was pressed to my mattress, not my desk, and it was 7:05 and I needed to get up and start the day over again.

Now you know why I've been MIA.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to regain my sanity, and do things like get a haircut (my hair is unbrushable), stop feeling guilty and indecisive and just buy a pair of sandals already, do much-needed laundry, clean my bedroom, call my longlost friends and relatives, take a deep breath, and sit down with a cup of tea and a magazine in my living room.

That's a good plan. I think.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Maybe two deep breaths, if you can find them. xo

sarah said...

*hugs* Been there friend and I know how much it sucks, hope the day to yourself helps.

love you!