Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Documentation.

I had such a lovely birthday on Monday. I slipped into a pair of high heels I keep under my desk and left work early. Chris took me to Rosa Mexicano for dinner, where we feasted on guacamole made at the table and pomegranate margaritas. Then we walked up a couple of blocks to Lincoln Center. At the Metropolitan Opera House, we saw the opening night of the revival of Frederick Ashton's Sylvia, performed by American Ballet Theatre. Then we walked to the subway, which came right away--no waiting. At home was a card from my mom in the mailslot, a box of books that a friend at another publisher had sent to me and Chris just for fun, and my wedding shoes, newly arrived from Macy's. On the table were four presents wrapped in the prettiest lavender satiny cherry blossom paper! Chris gave me two books and a CD of a band we saw together live once, Elizabeth and the Catapult, and new workout pants to replace my paintstained permanently-knotted-drawstring ones, because I'm too cheap to ever buy myself socks or workout clothes or t shirts. It was a lovely, lovely day.

No comments: