Friday, July 10, 2009

"Honey, you forgot your snacks!"*

Chris is off to Maine with twenty of his closest buddies, including assorted dads, stepdads, and brothers, for a weekend of camping and canoeing. His mom and I joked (I think she was only half-joking) about donning false mustaches and rowing behind them to catch up. "Hey guys! Here we are!" Chris was not amused. But in any case my mom and I are driving my stepdad up, dropping him off, and spending the weekend in Portland shopping, art gallerying, and drinking fizzy beverages on a dock somewhere. Happy weekend!

*I really did say this in a cheesy voice as he and his friends were loading up the car. But he didn't get mad at me for that--I even got a kiss--because he was happy to see the peanut-butter-filled pretzels.

1 comment:

theotherlion said...

=) That made my morning.